Trezor: USB-Like Open Source Hardware Wallet
Trezor offers hardware wallets which store bitcoin offline in physical USB-like devices. Trezor is a hardware wallet that provides high-level security to manage bitcoin private keys. The robust hardware wallets designed by Trezor are easy and safe for storing your bitcoin and sats.
Trezor offers hardware wallets which store your bitcoin keys offline in physical USB-like devices. Trezor is a hardware wallet that provides high-level security to manage bitcoin private keys. The robust hardware wallets designed by Trezor are easy and safe for storing bitcoin.
Unlike hot wallets, Trezor allow users to see coins without internet or a computer. Trezor a users can access built-in bitcoin exchanges to buy, sell, or exchange bitcoin when using their hardware wallets. Trezor One also allows users to buy bitcoin directly via the Trezor Wallet app using fiat.
The Trezor hardware wallet functions like a little computer and validates all transactions within it, making it possible to verify an amounts, recipient, and other details anytime. A PIN code is required to login to Trezor One, and all transactions need to be confirmed by pressing the physical button on the wallet, which is connected to a device through USB cable. Both brands differ as well, as The Trezor One wallet requires users to input their password through a keyboard, while users of the Ledger type it into hardware.
Advantages of Trezor Wallet
- You can have a bitcoin savings plan using Dollar-cost averaging (DCA) strategy with scheduled buys direct to your Trezor wallet
- It can be connected to third-party wallets and apps such as Electrum, Exodus, Coinmate, and Coinmap
- Open-source software
- Anonymous connections over Tor is possible
- You can buy bitcoin with fiat using Trezor
- It offers Trezor Suite (a desktop app) and a web app for Chrome and Firefox
- Large display and color touchscreen
Disadvantages of Trezor Wallet
- It’s a bit pricey compared to other hardware wallets
- It does not have a Bluetooth feature
- It has no mobile app
- It is not airgapped
- Non-durable plastic case
|Operating System (OS)|
Chrome (works only with the Trezor Model One and no longer updated)
Yes: Chrome (via webUSB or Trezor Bridge), Firefox
Yes (but only on Trezor Model T)
I really love using Trezor! It allows me to create many wallets with one seed and using different passphrases. It also has bitcoin-only firmware, so you don’t get distracted by shitcoins or altcoins.