Strike: Buy, Sell Bitcoin and Convert Paycheck Into Bitcoin
You can use Strike to convert your paycheck to bitcoin, buy and sell bitcoin, pay for goods and services online, tip content creators, and send money to family and friends via the Lightning Network.
What is Strike app? Strike is an app that enables you to buy and sell bitcoin, buy goods and services online, make micropayments, tip content creators, and send money to family and friends via the Lightning Network. You can also convert your paycheck to bitcoin with no added transaction fees. The app doesn’t charge any transaction fees to buy or sell bitcoin.
How to start using Strike
To use Strike app, you must be 18 and above and live in supported countries. The app is currently only available in over 65 countries.
You need to download the Strike app and provide your email address to receive confirmation code. After confirmation, you can create your username, select country and agree to terms. Provide first name, last name and date of birth. Strike app is available on App Store, Google Play Store and Chrome Web Store.
- Buy and sell bitcoin. You can buy and sell bitcoin with no transaction fees. In addition, with Strike you are able to buy straight into your self-custody wallet.
- Lightning payments. You can make Lightning payments with your bank account or debit card.
- Recurring bitcoin buy. This is a feature for people who want to use dollar-cost averaging (DCA) method. The DCA feature is currently only available in select countries, and users must have verified their account in order to use it.
- Send globally. This is a new feature in partnership with Bitnob, Osmo and Pouch for instant, cheaper transfers and payments over Lightning to bank accounts, retail locations or mobile money in the Philippines, Vietnam, Guatemala, Benin, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Rwanda, Senegal and Togo. The receiver doesn’t need a bitcoin wallet.
- Tips. Strike’s API allows you to send and receive instant global tips, fee-free, directly via the Twitter app.
- Strike for business. Strike API for businesses to receive instant payments globally, regardless of the customer’s currency. Join the waitlist.
- Strike card. Strike has partnered with VISA to provide you with a debit card. You will earn cashback when you make purchases using Strike Visa card.
- Pay Me in Bitcoin. You can use your account and routing number to convert a portion of your salary into bitcoin with no fees, similar to the Bitcoin bank in the United States, Juno.
Strike app limits
Transaction limits on Strike depend on a number of factors, including country and account verification status. To view your account limits, go to Account Settings. You can increase your account limits by verifying your account and by using Strike for a longer period of time. Strike may also increase your limits based on your transaction history and other factors.
Strike does not charge any transaction fees to send or receive payments, or to withdraw cash or bitcoin from your account. However, there are some third-party fees that may be passed on to you, such as Bitcoin network fees (mining fees) and Lightning Network fees (routing fees). You can avoid these fees by using the Lightning Network, which is a faster and cheaper way to transact with bitcoin.
Strike app supported countries
Initially, Strike was only accessible in the United States, Argentina, and El Salvador. On May 19, 2023, however, the company announced that it would be expanding to 65 new nations.
|Bitcoin Investment Plan|
|Receive Paycheck in Bitcoin|
|Operating System (OS)|