Coldcard Wallet: Air-Gapped Bitcoin-Only Wallet
Coldcard is a well-known hardware wallet that you can use to store bitcoin. These hardware wallets are among the safest ways to save your private keys. It is a bitcoin only wallet and its software is Visible Source.
Categories: Bitcoin Hardware Wallets, Bitcoin Wallets
Coldcard is a well-known hardware wallet that you can use to store bitcoin. These hardware wallets are among the safest ways to save your private keys. It is a bitcoin-only wallet and its software is Visible Source.
You can connect your coldcard with a computer via USB or you can use SD cards in order to take advantage of the Air-gap mode that Coldcard supplies. Like this, you sign your transactions fully offline.
Pros and cons of Coldcard wallet
- For Bitcoin maximalists, this is one of the few hardware wallets that only support bitcoin
- It has an NFC chip that allows you to tap your Coldcard against your phone to complete a transaction
- A Micro-SD card slot to back up your seedphrase in an encrypted file
- It offer encrypted USB communication (MiTM protection)
- It’s compatible with other wallets such as Electrum, Wasabi and BlueWallet
- It’s an air gapped wallet, meaning you can conduct transactions without being connected to the internet
- It has a feature for duress pin and duress wallet (under duress, you can enter a pin which will open up a bitcoin wallet completely separate from you main wallet)
- It’s fairly pricey
- There’s no factory reset
- There’s no mobile app
- It can be challenging for new users
Yes (COLDCARD Mk4), No (COLDCARD Mk3)
There are no reviews yet.