Geyser: Bitcoin Crowdfunding Platform
Geyser is a Bitcoin crowdfunding platform that is non-custodial, meaning the funds go directly into your preferred Bitcoin wallet. The platform is used by creators, educators, entrepreneurs, creatives, etc., to receive financial support from the community. It is free to use.
Founded in 2022, Geyser is a Bitcoin crowdfunding platform that is non-custodial, meaning the funds go directly into your preferred Bitcoin wallet. There are no fees for projects created on the platform. However, it may start charging administration fees to cover expenses in the future. The platform is used by creators, educators, entrepreneurs, creatives, etc., to receive financial support from the community. You can also apply for Geyser Grants whenever grants rounds are open.
The platform describes itself as Lightning-native, which means that projects on Geyser have a Lightning address, therefore funders can send Bitcoin from a Lightning wallet such as Muun. At the time of writing, there were 75 projects, 560399326 sats raised and 1134 contributors on the platform.
Benefits of Geyser Fund
- Easy to use. It is easy for anyone to setup without prior knowledge of a Bitcoin wallet.
- Engaging. You can post entries to update and engage your donors.
- Censorship-resistant. As the owner of your campaign, you are given the means to own your funds yourself.
- Interoperable. Donors can fund from any wallets including Lightning wallets.
How to Fundraise on Geyser
- Go to launch page
- Login with Twitter (this is the only method you can use to login)
- Connect your node. Creators use their own nodes or voltage.cloud nodes
- Write entries to keep your community up to date
Your project or idea can receive Bitcoin donations in the following ways:
- Donation-based crowdfunding. This is when backers make donations to projects.
- Reward-based crowdfunding. This is when backers get something back for their contributions.
Geyser Grants are aimed at accelerating the growth of the Bitcoin ecosystem by increasing Bitcoin awareness, enabling Bitcoin culture, education and supporting development in the Bitcoin space. Through these grants, Geyser will be supporting Bitcoin educators, developers, entrepreneurs, and creatives with the resources they need.
Applications for grants are only open during Rounds. Rounds will be announced ahead of time and usually run for a few weeks. Once Rounds close, a board of Bitcoiners with experience in the grant theme will review the applications of the grants and select the winners.
Do You Have a Project in Mind?
If you have a Bitcoin-related project, you should visit Geyser website and launch your project. Alternatively, join Geyser Telegram channel to receive news on recent and upcoming grants.